SonShine 2s-3s classes meet Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday from 9:15-11:45 a.m.
Tuition is $1350/year, payable in full by August 1 or in monthly payments August-May.
Student: Teacher ratio is 4:1
Students must by 2 years old by June 1.
As teachers for our youngest students, we help each child grow and develop in a loving, safe and secure environment. We are here to make their first school experience enjoyable while preparing them for the next step in their education. Developing socially, emotionally, spiritually, cognitively and behaviorally are each important aspects of classroom learning. In the 2s-3s classes, students learn what school is and how to behave/learn at school. Teachers set clear expectations, giving grace and encouragement when needed, and redirection/discipline when appropriate.
Socially: Students are encouraged to use their words, make eye contact, take turns, develop empathy and make friends.
Emotionally: Teaching appropriate ways to show their emotion and help to regulate their emotions through example, role- playing and read alouds are effective.
Spiritually: Students learn that they are children of God and that God IS LOVE!
Cognitively: Colors, shapes, letters (sound and recognition), numbers and counting are fun and exciting.
Behaviorally: Listening to teachers, remaining quiet during appropriate times, transitioning from one activity to the next, learning to walk in a line are emphasized.
SonShine 3s-4s classes meet Monday and Wednesday OR Tuesday and Thursday from 9:15-11:45 a.m.
Students enrolled must be fully potty trained and 3 or 4 years of age by August 31.
Tuition is $1350/year, payable in full by August 1 or in monthly payments of $135/month August-May.
Student: Teacher ratio is 7:1
SonShine’s 3s-4s classes will focus on learning to share, taking turns and playing together during open play in the classroom and at recess with kindness and respect. Engagement at circle time sitting, learning together and raising hands will be introduced. Students will be encouraged to do his/her best during work time, including how to properly hold a pencil and use scissors. They will be developing their fine motor skills. Classtime will include praying and worshipping together at the beginning of the day, snack time and teachings of the Bible. Most of all, students will learn how to be a part of a family community by respecting and caring for one another. Students will leave knowing they are AMAZING and the 3s-4s classroom family would not be the same without them.
The Afternoon Pre-K class meets Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 12:30-3:00 p.m.
The Morning Pre-K class meets Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9:15-11:45 a.m.
Students must be 4 years old by August 31st.
Tuition is $1750/year, payable in full by August 1 or in monthly payments of $175 from August-May.
PreK programs are designed for students to grow in his or her communication, academic, motor, emotional, social and spiritual development.
Teachers encourage and equip each student to do his or her best. That may look a little different for each child. Teachers help develop students’ skills and minds to ensure kindergarten readiness.
Goals for students are:
To be socially engaged by developing active listening; following two or more step directions with a happy heart; talking appropriately with teachers and other students, using words to express feelings, and consistently speaking with kindness.
For children to know that God’s word is truth, that He made many wonderful things, and that God loves each and every one of them, all the time.
To build a confidence in each child that they can succeed. Teachers encourage them to not be afraid to try new things, even if doing this means getting dirty, or making a mess in the process. Theme based, hands-on learning through cooking, crafting, playing, and STEM activities provide means for exploration and mastery.
To enhance student’s curiosity and love of learning. Teachers guide students to make sure they have correct hand grip on their pencil, crayon, marker etc. while emphasizing letter recognition and writing the alphabet. Students learn phonics and how to write their name independently. Recognizing & writing numbers 1-10, rote counting on the calendar 1-31 in English and Spanish, counting by 5s & 10s to 100. Mastery of colors and shapes.
PreK students form friendships and become a little community of their own. Compassion, teamwork and helpfulness are taught through example and narrative. SonShine is grateful to share in their learning experiences.
The Kindergarten/Kinder-Prep class meets Monday-Thursday from 9:15-1:00 p.m.
Students must be 5 years old by December 31st. Teacher: Student ratio is 1:8
Tuition is $2850/year, payable in full by August 1 or in monthly payments of $285 from August-May, plus additional $50 book fee due August 1.
SONSHINE KINDERGARTEN OBJECTIVES:
As is with any living creation, our children grow, learn and mature in their own time as our Lord and Creator planned for them. Therefore, the outline below is a general list of objectives for students to achieve by the conclusion of kindergarten. The primary objective for kindergarten is to plant and nurture a love of learning and to encourage their natural curiosity in the world around them.
- Recognize letter-sound relationships; initial/final sounds
- Understand the concept of print (ie: top, bottom, L/R orientation)
- Blend individual letter sounds
- Recognize grade appropriate sight words
- Identify and generate rhyming words
- Identify story elements: title, author, setting, character, sequence of events
- Engage in shared/independent reading of familiar or simple text
- Make predictions and ask relevant questions
- Communicate meaning through pictures
- Use sounds to begin to spell
- Print correctly most letters by shape, size, spacing
- Express ideas in writing using emergent spelling and basic sight words
- Print own first and last name
- Complete and produce patterns
- Recognize and print numerals 0-30+
- Count using 1:1 correspondence
- Count by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s to 100
- Identify numbers before and after 1-30+
- Solve simple addition/subtraction problems
- Sort objects using various attributes
- Begin to measure using length, time, weight
- Interpret simple graphs
- Recognize coins and their worth
- Tell time to the hour
- Identify and create basic shapes
- Learn about the five senses
- Learn about living things and their life cycles
- Learn about our Earth
- Learn about different animals and their habitats
- Learn about creation
- Recognize elements of a community
- Recognize that every family is unique
- Understand basic needs
- Recognize that all people grow, change, have feelings, make choices
- Recognize days, weeks, months of the year
- Recognize and celebrate various cultures, their traditions and holidays
- Actively participate in singing, moving, playing and listening
- Discriminate sensory contrasts: fast/slow, loud/soft, long/short, high/low, same/different
- Sequence and sing words and participate in actions for songs
- Follow simple sequenced verbal and visual directions
- Use tools and materials appropriately
- Demonstrate use of fine motor skills
Personal Social Skills
- Speak effectively with appropriate volume
- Participate and contribute to class discussions
- Remain on topic and respond/ask appropriate questions
- Demonstrate appropriate listening skills: look at speaker, sit quietly, not disrupt others
- Demonstrate ability to solve simple problems with peers
- Understand value of working together in games/activities
Additional Personal Skills
- Demonstrate desire to do “their best work” by taking their time to complete work neatly
- Color neatly
- Cut properly
- Identify left and right
- Print first and last name eligibly
- Communicate basic address, phone #, emergency information
- Identify birthday
- Understand that their Lord Created them for good works
- Understand that their Lord demonstrates love without exception or boundaries
- Learn the Fruit of the Spirit and demonstrate those fruits on a daily basis
- Learn about the life of Jesus, his miracles, and his ultimate sacrifice for us
- Learn about Bible heroes and what their life stories teach us today
SonShine’s Monday Enrichment class is an exclusive add-on option for our T/Th 3s-4s class and our AM PreK class.
Tuition is $780/year, payable in full by August 1 or in monthly payments August-May.
This opportunity is specifically designed for students and families who desire a bit more class time to learn and grow at school. In this broader age grouped class, students will immerse themselves in creative, hands-on activities based on weekly storybook themes.
Lunch Bunch Extended Day Program meets Monday through Thursday ~ 11:45 am to 1:00 pm.
Classes are designed to meet children at their stages of early childhood development.
Morning classes meet from 9:15 am until 11:45 am & the afternoon class meets 12:30 pm until 3:00 pm (except for Kindergarten, which dismisses at 1:00 pm).
After completing a school tour and beginning registration in person, enrollment must be completed online through Parent Portal. Tuition payments for August & September (these may be post-dated checks, or e-check verifications) are due to the office by June 1.
The Family Handbook contains important information for families in all classes. Please download a copy for your reference. We believe that each family’s involvement is integral in a child’s education.
We look forward to partnering with your family!