- Our Awana Ministry training has been postponed to Wednesday, September 6th our pre-registration night. All volunteers be sure to join us at 6:30pm.
- Men’s monthly breakfast and fellowship here on Saturday, September 2nd at 8am.Â Come join us for food, fun and fellowship.
- Our church offers FREE fair parking every year to our community. Please be aware of this as you come to the church over the next couple of weeks. Thank you!
- We are down to our final 8 spots to fill over the next week to be able to begin our fall Discipleship Classes on September 10th.Â We have 7 spots in our Wednesday night nursery care various dates from 6:00-8:15pm and 1 spot in our preschool Sunday school time 9:00-10:15am on Sunday, September 10th.Â Stop by the table this Sunday and sign up for your spots.
We are asking if you are leading/teaching/volunteering in any area of children’s ministry to please attend our CPR Training course we will be having here on Sunday, September 17th from 1-4pm. This will allow you to be CPR Certified and is FREE. We only have 20 spots available so please RSVP to Kelly as soon as possible so we can reserve a spot. Lunch will be served to CPR Trainees at noon. If you need to get your first aid certification as well that is also being offered on Tuesday, September 19th at 1pm.Â Cost is $50.00 for your certification. Must sign up with Kelly.
REGISTER NOW for AWANA! Please go to our website fbcmonroe.org and register your child(ren) as club participants and/or yourself as a volunteer today! Awana begins in a few short weeks!
Our Fall Church Schedule will begin on Sunday, September 10. We have quite a few things planned for that Sunday:
- “Farewell to Summer BBQ” here. We will provide the meat. We need everyone to help where possible. Some spots needing help are BBQ’ers, clean up, set up, bouncy house helpers and more. Please plan to bring a side dish/dessert to share with the masses. We are encouraging everyone to invite a friend/family to church and the BBQ fun…who will accept the challenge and win for the most invited? This BBQ is HERE at church right after service so be sure to bring lawn chairs/blankets to sit on. No sign up needed just come and enjoy outdoor games, food, fellowship and some surprises along the way!
- “Annual High Attendance” Sunday where we really make a big push to get everyone to Church that day!!
- Sunday School/Discipleship Hour starts up again at 9:15am. Discipleship classes being offered beginning September 10th are:
The Apostles’ Creed Teacher Pastor Tracy G. What words would you use to describe your faith in Christ if you had never studied the Scriptures deeply or didn’t even know how to read? This 12 week class will use video and class discussion to rediscover the Biblical roots in a creed recited by the earliest Christians to declare their faith, even in the face of death.
The Working Class Teacher Christian C. The average worker spends more time working than doing any other activity. Even more than sleeping. In this class, we will explore the leadership characteristics of God/Jesus and discover how to become better leaders by following that example. We will discuss deep leadership concepts from prominent secular authors and see how they have discovered what the Bible already teaches and how to apply these ideas at work, and at home. Finally, through sharing our personal experiences at work, we will develop fellowship with one another and discover that we are not alone in our struggles and that when we come together we can overcome the world.
Wisdom for Mothers Teacher Gini S. 12-week video based class that helps you understand what the Bible says about marriage and parenting. We will work together through the priorities of a woman’s life, look at our relationships in order of importance and what makes those relationships work the way God designed them to function. We will look at a woman’s relationship with God, her husband, her children and her work and ministry. Workbook is $15
Song of Solomon: God’s best for love, marriage, sex and romance Teachers Rick & Kim R. We all have passion and a yearning for intimacy. God designed us this way. Whether you are single or married, how you handle your romantic relationships will change you-for better or for worse. However, God did not create these desires in us without also giving us the owner’s manual for relationships. In fact, He gave us an entire book of the Bible, which deals with all aspects of love, marriage, sex and romance. It’s called the Song of Solomon. This 12-week study will be filled with a video, looking at God’s Word, and great discussion. Workbook is $9.00.
The Christian Survival Kit Teacher Mike B. New believers class and also a class for those wanting training in a program that would give them tools to use in evangelization and/or have Godly tools to work with new believers outside of church.
Monday morning class with Jennifer Williams called “The Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer. Description: All day, every day, an invisible war rages around you unseen, unheard, yet felt throughout every aspect of your life. A devoted, devilish enemy seeks to wreak havoc on everything that matters to you: your heart, your mind, your marriage, your children, your relationships, your resilience, your dreams, your destiny. But…when the enemy meets a woman dressed for the occasion, he fails miserably. This is a Bible study that will challenge you to suit up, stand firm, and secure victory in your life. There will be class discussions, video sessions, study guide and development of prayers strategies. This women’s study will be held during Sonshine Preschool hours with a focus of mothers of young children, “mentor moms” and other women from FBC. Mondays/September 25th through December 11th / 10:00am – 11:30 am. Childcare will be offered for 5 years and under. Older kids are welcome to join us as well if needed.
Our Women’s Small Groups:
Women’s Day Time Study: This study will be meeting Monday mornings from 10:00-11:30.The dates will be from September 25th through December 11th.
Women’s Tuesday Evening Prayer Time: Our prayer time will begin again on September 12th from 6:00-6:50 in room B101.Â Sandra Phillips prepares and leads us in our time of prayer. We spend the time praying for the men in our lives, the men in our church, and the lives of others. All prayer requests are confidential. Lord is so faithful and we rejoice and honor Him with this time.
Women’s Tuesday Evening Study: This study will be meeting on Tuesday evenings beginning September 12th from 7:00-8:30 in room B101.Â We will be finishing our study on Revelation. This year we will also be planning multiple programs and outreach events to be scheduled both on Tuesday nights and an occasional Saturday. We are so blessed to have Tina, as part of our ministry. The Lord gives her the most amazing program ideas. Here is a tentative schedule for you watch for updates:
September 12th, 19th, and 26th– Study
October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th â€“ Study with a possible program planned for one of the Tuesday nights.
October 31st– We will not be having study- This night is scheduled for our Fall Festival here at FBC
November 7th, 14th, 2st, and 28th â€“ Study
December2nd- Victorian Christmas Bus trip
December 5th, 12th, and 19th Study
Signups will begin soon, so be planning on joining us!