“Getting Control of Your Legacy”
- Finance Team meeting tonight at 630pm.
- Youth at Wild Waves this Saturday.
- We have TWO spots open in our Core Responsibilities. If you remember those are the areas that we as a church have decided must be filled in order to accomplish all areas of ministry. Please let Kelly know if you can fill a spot in our toddler room during Worship Time (this is a 6 hour a year commitment).
Mark your calendars for August 16th. It is time to start thinking about Awana! This is the day for all interested and those who already know they want to be a part of this year’s Awana ministry to join us for training. Be sure to consider what part you can invest in this ministry. We need everyone who wants to help or is interested in learning more to come. It is also time to sign up as a committed volunteer on our website at fbcmonroe.org.
Our Fall Church Schedule will begin on Sunday, September 10.Â Â We have quite a few things planned for that Sunday:
- “Farewell to Summer BBQ” here. We will provide the meat. Please plan to bring a side dish to share with the masses. Annual High Attendance Sunday where we really make a big push to get everyone to Church that day!!Â
- Sunday School/Discipleship Hour starts up again at 9:15am.
- We will continue with our Core Responsibilities initiative. We will ask every able adult to take turns in serving in the ministry to our children. We must always remember that if we do not provide excellent care and ministry for our children, then we will not be able to provide ministry to the parents because they will not be able to be here.
If you are involved in any of our kid’s ministries, we want to strongly encourage you to attend our two-hour training, praying, organizing, fun event scheduled on Sunday, August 20th! This is for all adults AND youth serving in our Awana, Sunday School and Worship Time Care. If you serve with kids, come to this training and hear all about how to serve well. Lunch will be served to training attendees at noon but you must RSVP to Kelly. Thank you!
We are also asking if you are leading/teaching in any area of children’s ministry to please attend our CPR Training course we will be having here on Sunday, September 17th from 1-4pm. This will allow you to be CPR Certified and is FREE.Â We only have 20 spots available so please RSVP to Kelly as soon as possible so we can reserve a spot. Lunch will be served to CPR Trainees at noon.
On August 12 you are invited to join us as we hike to Hope Lake. It is about 1.5 miles each way with an elevation gain of about 1200 feet. If the group is interested, it is an additional .5 mile and 200 feet of elevation to Mig Lake. Huckleberries will probably be available along the way and swimming is definitely an option at either lake. Call or email to let me know you plan to join us. We will meet at the Gold Bar Park & Ride (on the right as you reach town) at 9 AM. Be sure and bring plenty of water and lunch. Carol Hurley 360-793-2942 (home) 425-941-7992 (cell the morning of) firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Watch for the next hike in September to Lake Susan Jane near Stevens Pass. This pretty little lake in on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Our Tuesday Women’s Study will be meeting at Lake Tye by the playground at 7:00.Â We will walk around the lake and have a prayer time afterwards. July 25th August 8th, 15th, 22nd Lake Tye
Our Women’s Prayer time (6:00-7:00) and Bible Study will begin again at the church on September 12th.