“Clothe Yourself with Humility” 1 Peter 5:5-11
- JOY Clubbers join us TOMORROW at 11am. Remember it’s a potluck Italian style and the chocolate fountain will be flowing!
- Men join us for our monthly breakfast on SATURDAY at 8am.
We have a lot of stuff going on around here, and there are some important events/dates that we want to make sure that you have so that you can get them on your calendar. So, here it goes:
- We will be kicking off our Summer Church Schedule on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18.Â Our Summer Church Schedule goes for 12 weeks. For those 12 weeks we will not be having our Sunday School/Discipleship Classes at 9:15.Â We will, of course, continue to have Church at 10:30am every Sunday morning, as usual.
- Even though we will not be having Discipleship classes at 9:15 on Sundays, we will have morning fellowships hosted by the office staff on Sunday mornings starting around 9:45.Â We started this last year and it was fun for us all to get to Church a few minutes early and have some refreshments and visit and get to know each other a little better. Each of us in the office will take turns each Sunday hosting the fellowship and offering some fun games or a different get to know you activity.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) is July 10-14 from 9:30am-12:00pm daily. This is always a HUGE event for us and we need all hands on deck, PLEASE!! We need everyone!! We are signing up volunteers NOW. You can volunteer online or let Gini know as soon as possible so that she can get you plugged in. We will also be having our Friday night picnic at 6:00pm where we invite all the families to come in and watch their kids perform and then we eat a lot of food. We will need a lot of help with the evening event as well, what a great way to help with VBS if you are not available during the week!
- Our Fall Church Schedule will begin on Sunday, September 10. We have quite a few things planned for that Sunday:
- That is our Annual High Attendance Sunday where we really make a big push to get everyone to Church that day!!Â Get ready to start inviting people to get back into the School swing.
- We will start back with our Sunday School/Discipleship classes that day!! This is three 12-week trimesters of classes with breaks in between.
- Our plan is to have our Trimesters scheduled early this year so that everyone can plan for all of the various/many adult classes that we will be offering. Tracy will be leading this effort for us and will be mobilizing all the teachers, classes, and volunteers to make this our best year of discipleship for all ages.
- We will continue with our Core Responsibilities initiative that we started last year which asks every able adult to take turns in serving in the ministry to our children. We must always remember that if we do not provide excellent care and ministry for our children, then we will not be able to provide ministry to the parents because they won’t be able to be here. We must care for our kids during the Sunday school hour, during Church, and during Awana for our volunteers with kids.
- We will also be having our Church wide picnic that day called Farewell to Summer BBQ. We will have a lot of people here that day and it will be a great day to celebrate and have some fun getting back into the swing of Fall.
- Awana training will be in the month of August and pre-registration will be on Wednesday, September 6.Â Â Awana will begin that next week on Wednesday, September 13.Â I encourage everyone to really pray and consider getting involved in this HUGE ministry that we have to all of these kids and their families. The impact we are having is eternal.
- Finally, we have many other ministries (Women’s Men’s, Youth, etc) and events that will be continuing through the summer and some ministries that will be making adjustments to their schedules. Stay tuned for announcements for all of those ministries that you are a part of or interested in.
The next Adventure Club hike is scheduled for Saturday, June 10th to Barclay Lake. Let’s meet at the Gold Bar Park and Ride lot (on the right across from the gas station/market) at 9 AM. The hike is near Baring and is only about 1 1/2 miles each way and is pretty easy – a good hike for kids. E-mail or call to let me know you plan to come. We look forward to enjoying the woods and lake together. Carol 360-793-2942 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Â Â Northwest Forest Pass required at the trail head.
The Men’s Thursday Bible Study will be breaking for the summer. See you in September!
- Our Tuesday Women’s Study will be meeting at Lake Tye by the playground at 7:00. We will walk around the lake and have a prayer time afterwards.
- June 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th– Lake Tye
- July 11th, 18th, and 25th – Lake Tye
- August 8th, 15th, 22nd– Lake Tye
Our Women’s Prayer time (6:00-7:00)and Bible Study will begin again at church on September 12th.
Vacation Bible School: If you are interested in or have signed up to help in our summer VBS program please mark your calendar for our first informational meeting. Join us right after service on Sunday, June 11th to hear about the upcoming event, ask your questions and sign up.
Sign up as a helper or your kids at www.fbcmonroe.org