“Be Holy” in 1 Peter 1:13 – 2:3
- Life Celebration service for Gloria Etter here on Tuesday, January 24th at 3pm please join us.
Our lost and found bin is filling up fast. Please take a moment to look through it for items you may have lost. The bin resides in the alcove by the north entrance doors. I also have some JEWLERY that has been lost. If you are missing any jewelry, please see Kelly. Thank you!
Join us on Saturday, February 11th at 5pm for a Valentine’s Day Dinner. This will be a fundraiser for the youth/college Puerto Rico mission trip. There will be lots of great Spaghetti (gluten free available). There will be fun games for the whole family. Come out and support the youth and college to not only share God’s love, but also help those who are unable to help themselves. Dinner all provided by donation to the mission trip.
We are currently looking for some Lead Substitute/ Floating Teachers in our Sonshine Preschool. This is a paid position on an on call basis when needed. Below are some of the qualifications. Please email Fran Carpenter if you are interested in applying or getting more information about this position at email@example.com
- Possess a living faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as evidenced in testimony and lifestyle.
- Be actively attending an evangelical Bible-believing church.
- Have experience and/or education in Early Childhood Education.
- Demonstrate a warm, loving and caring attitude toward young children and have the ability to relate well to parents and staff.
- Be able to guide and control the entire class of children, maintaining a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere while serving as a teacher in her absence.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other staff members.
- CPR Certification obtained with 3 months of hire date (at own expense).
- TB test done before start of school (at own expense).
- Dedication to continuing education.
- Physically fit – be able to lift 40 lbs., climb stairs as needed, sit on the floor at the children’s level, be comfortable engaging and actively participating with children, and be able to get up from the floor quickly and frequently.
DUTIES & TIME REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend a staff meeting each month as scheduled by Director. (1st Tuesday of each month September-May 1:00-2:30)
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the requested class is to begin. Join for prayer time at 8:45am if able.
- Be flexible as to class assignment when needed, communicate clearly and promptly with Director as to availability.
- Actively encourage children in character development, focus, academic exploration and safety at all times.
- Be well organized and assist teachers in keeping the classroom tidy and attractive.
- Assist in cleanup & sanitation of room at the conclusion of each class (15 minutes).
- Participate in continuing education yearly. Options include: in-service training with staff when offered, online STARS training, college classes or other conferences approved by Director.
- Pray for students, parents, staff, supervisors, and relationship to all these in daily devotional time.
- Pay periods begin 9/1/2016 through 6/15/2017.
- SonShine school calendar will follow Monroe School District calendar.
- All conflicts between any personnel will be handled Biblically. First, go to the person you are in disagreement with to try and resolve the conflict. If that does not work, go next to the Director (Fran). If further resolution is needed go to Pastor Dale. Please refer to your employment letter for further resolution.
Join us for a fun afternoon of Dodgeball on Sunday, March 12th from 1230-4pm. Must be 5 years old and up to play. Your team must consist of players only 2 years apart in age up or down unless you are 18 and up then the 2 year rule does not apply. Teams need to consist of 6 team members and 2 alternates. Each team registration is $30. Cost to watch the excitement is $5 each for ages 5 and over. We will have food and snacks for purchase as well. All proceeds to benefit our Puerto Rico Mission Trip. To register your team please email Bethany or Kelly the following: All team members first and last names, bring in your registration fee of $30, when registering please be ready to provide a team name. PLEASE INVITE YOUR FRIENDS THIS IS A PUBLIC EVENT.